Friday, July 28, 2006

Day 11


Today was a very good day for them both. Kolton is breathing room air on his own. No nose cannula! Today made his second day without the cannula. Karter has been weaned almost to room air and the nurse said that it should be only a matter of days before he is breathing room air with no cannula as well. They are learning how to suck. At feedings they place tiny little pacifiers in their mouths and they suck on those, it's so cute. We have been getting to have plenty of kangaroo care time. I held Karter yesterday and Kolton today and Hubby held Karter today when he got there after work. The nursed offered to let me hold them both this morning but I knew that Hubby wanted to hold today so although it was hard I only held one. It's hard to choose which one, but I alternate back and forth and eventually I will hold them both at the same time.

We have also been getting in plenty of diaper changing time. I have even cleaned several poop diapers today. I never knew that at some point in my life I would be excited that my kids pooped, but it is very important for as early as they are to make sure everything works correctly.

0 comments: