Friday, September 01, 2006

Day 46 - Almost Home!

Tomorrow is supposed to be the big day! We're going home after almost 47 days in the hospital. It's been real and it's been real (it hasn't been fun in any way). We have a lot of people to thank, many doctors, and many nurses. The doctors did good work, but it was the nurses that kept us going sometimes. We had no idea there could be such a variety of nurses in a hospital! A few nurses really stood out and I've been putting together in my mind just why some stood out. The ones that take the time to sit down and talk to you were the ones that made this mess bearable to us, I had no idea that nurses were teachers as well. Just to name some of the more amazing nurses, I'm not going to include last names, but they know who they are. If I left you off, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Lori W. - Wish we would have had you more!, but it seems that the critical babies needed you more than we did. The NICU is a better place because of your presence.

Jennifer B. - I think you should end up writing orders, not just taking them.

Keri. - Thank for your tenderness towards our little ones.

Casey - Thanks for teaching us how to feed a baby instead of letting us try and teach a baby how to take the food from us.

Michelle - You said this was your calling..and I believe it!!

Julianne - Thanks for teaching us how to feed a baby and taking our first family portrait, and assuring me that my babies head wasn't really going to fall off.

Cindy - Thanks for reassuring us when we were stressed out a 2 o'clock in the morning because our babies turning blue.

Brandy and I would love to stay in contact with all of you in the future, if you're interested, please email your email address at jipock@swbell.net, if not, then that's ok, we know you're busy people.

Now for some pics!

The first spit up on Brandy!


0 comments: