Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Request

I have a request of everyone. I know this blog is supposed to be about our children and the goings on in their lives, but in a way it is one of my children that needs your prayers. It just happens to be one of my first born, my furry child, Rufus.

Rufus has something wrong with his liver. The Vet is not really sure what and we have some bile bloodwork that we are waiting on results for that will hopefully tell a little more, like whether his liver is functioning correctly at all. Rufus has been sick for awhile. After working at a vet clinic for 5 years I actually suspected Rufus had diabetes. He had gained some weight and was drinking a lot. A week or two later when I took him in, he actually has lost weight and began to get listless and just didn't look good. That's when we discovered he was anemic and his liver panel results were off. Well now his has some sort of infection according to the blood work and it's not looking good. Anyway he needs your prayers for him to get better and for us if it is time to be able to make the hard decision to let him go.

3 comments:

Katrina Shaw said...

Hi Brandy,

I'm so sorry. I know how it feels to have a pet you really love. You probably remember my Pooh Bear. I will definately pray for you guys.

Katrina

Lesley Barr Photography said...

=( I'm so sorry for you and for Rufus. I will keep him in my thoughts. I hope it works out ok for you.

Stacie said...

Poor Rufus. I hope he gets better soon.