Thursday, August 23, 2007

13 month update..

Of course I'm late getting this done, but it has been a busy couple of weeks. On the 15th,16th 17th we had March Of Dimes kickoff meetings we had to attend. The boys were very well behaved. However on the last day I asked Kolton is he was ready to go bye bye and he shook his head no. They are usually excited to go places, but I suppose they had had enough. Then today we had the last March of Dimes kickoff. Next will be the walk, which we are excited for. So lets get started.



Kolton-Still no walking. He can do it, he's so close, but he just does not have the confidence yet. He is getting two more teeth on the bottom. This brings his total to 8, he may have some coming in on top but he hasn't let me check lately. Kolton says a couple more words now. In addition to bye, bye bye, Dad,Daddy, Mama, uh-oh, all done, now there is kitty or kitty cat and lots and lots of words I can't decipher. He talks up a storm to whatever or whoever will listen. He uses his little hands and holds them up in the air and looks you in the face. I have no clue what he is saying, but he seems to know and it's so cute. Tonight I caught he doing that same thing to his brother and touching his arm trying to get him to do something or go somewhere. Karter just acted annoyed and crawled away. We are done with formula and are drinking out of a cup, except for they are allowed to have some water in a bottle to go to sleep but most times Kolton doesn't use it. He loves orange juice and other juices, loves fruit, especially Mandarin oranges, but likes all kinds. Loves waffles and eats the most days for breakfast. Eats everything we eat and likes it all except eggs, which neither one likes in any form. He did start something that I have not seen before. Just before his birthday he started wanting a binky and now he wants one a lot. I found it weird but didn't fight it too much since we where weaning from the bottle I figured he was using it as a comfort item. However now he has two. He has his binky and his blankie, which he usually only gets when he is sleepy. When he's ready for a nap and just before bedtime he will find his blankie and binky and come to one of us and wants to be held. I figure in the near future we will work on only having binkies in bed and then eventually take them away and replace it with his blankie or something else. I'm not too worried about it now. Our schedule usually works great, they like schedules. I think their time in the NICU has something to do with how well they adjust to things. They know what's going to happen most days and when and that's the way they like it. Bedtime is 7-7:30 and they get up at the same time in the morning. Kolton sleeps through the night, but I do hear him wake up on the monitor once or twice but he moans or talks himself back to sleep. He mimics daddy when he play growls at him and is big on sticking things into other things and taking them back out again. They have started getting the "mommy don't leave me" syndrome and I can't even walk out of the room or try to cook without both of them coming after me crying. I will be glad when this phase is over and they can play more independently cause I don't get much done during the day this way. With that said they have started being able to play on their own or with each other for a few minutes or two. Kolton also likes music on the TV. He takes off to see the tv when the opening song for Backyardigans comes on, but could care less about he actual show right now. No weights this month but they are getting heavy and I can tell they are growing. They have grown out of their size 3 shoes that fit them just weeks ago and some of their 12 months clothes are getting too small. I actually bought them 18 month jammies the other day and they fit. Kolton is such a delight always ready with a smile, he likes women and likes to bat his eyes and flirt, he really a little ham. I can't wait to see what the coming months bring.



Karter-Still not walking either, but is also so close. He had 8 teeth with another trying to come in on the top. Karter says bye, or bye bye, mama, daddy, kitty, Papa, Kolton says this also, and I'm sure their are a few others I don't remember right now. He likes to mock you as well. If you blow raspberries so will he if you growl so will he. He comes up behind me if I'm sitting on the floor and will pat my back and lay his head on me. He has an obsession with the phone and I can barley talk on it now without being attacked and him whining the whole way through my conversation. A couple of weeks ago he managed to get the phone and call someone, then he hung the phone up. The only reason we knew is because the person called us back asking if we had called. Oops. He also wants what he wants when he wants it and will bow back or stiffen his legs in protest. He's my strong willed one, however Kolton can be pretty stubborn. Several times he has decided he is done eating and i am not moving fast enough to get him out of his chair. He will bow back and pop the back of his plastic booster off, this really ticks him off and he has a look of surprise. He also eats what we eat, does not like eggs, loves juice and usually likes his milk. Karter had a harder time giving up the bottle. He was a big middle of the night bottle boy. Slowly we added water to his formula until is was almost all water. He protested at first but we keep on and now he only has water in his bottle, which he drinks every night. I was and still am a water drinker in the middle of the night. I always as long as i can remember have a glass of water by the bed. He comes by it honestly. Karter is a bit more clingy than than Kolton is not as interested in tv and would rather be by my side. He too likes women and is a flirt as well and flash is best dimples smile. He likes to scoot things across the floor, anything, cars, phones, chairs, pots, pans if it will scoot he scoots it. When he flashes his toothy little grins it just melts my heart. I look forward to see what each new day brings.

1 comments:

Stacie said...

Babies getting older is always such a bittersweet joy, isn't it?