Thursday, January 31, 2008

Well Hello there

I confess, I have another blog. I haven't written in it since the birth of the boys, but I maintained it for 3+ years. Occasionally I will browse through it to see what was going on in my life during those three years that I felt compelled to write about. It was public for the longest time, but when we started giving this address out to just about everyone, I made it private. I did this because at that time no one new I had it. Well, my mom and sister found it so I couldn't talk about them anymore(haha, just kidding guys), anyway thats the reason I made it private, because I really didn't remember who I had talked trash about and I didn't want someone reading this blog to find it and be offend(I'm so nice, huh). I've thrown around making it public again, but then I think who would want to read that? Who would want to read about me 3 to 4 years before my kids were even a thought. I was 25 or 26. Anyway it's interesting to me to go through and see what I got all worked up about in the past. With that said I decided to post one entry from that blog. It was the entry about the day my kids where born. I don't think I ever wrote about their birth, so here it is. Typo's and everything.

Monday, July 31, 2006

How it happened After being on bedrest for 1 month and 3 weeks of that spent at two different hospitals. One helicopter ride and one ambulance ride later to the hospital that specializes in pre-term births, my babies still came early. Flash back to one day before their birth. I am released from the Hospital in my town with strict instructions to remain on complete bed rest, due to due to having to stay the previous 6 days due to one of the sacs actually bulging. The Doctor felt this at my routine visit 6 days before. The on call Doctor said I could go home because they could not do anything more for me that I could not do at home. So home I went and I spent Saturday and all of Sunday in bed actually laying down, because they didn't want me sitting for too long due to pressure on my cervix,(yeah I know too much info.) At 5:00 am on Sunday morning I woke up and thought I might have lost control of my bladder a little, I sit up to get off the bed to go to the bathroom and I felt a small gush, I then got up and a large gush hit the floor. I knew then that my water had broken. Off the the local hospital we went, they checked my vitals and sent via ambulance, it was a calm ride, to the hospital in the city that handles high risk births. I arrived there at approximately 7:00 am, they assessed me, spoke with the on call doctor who decided not to give me more Magnesium as they had done the first time, but to give me Morphine via IV as well as a shot to help relax my uterus and the contractions. Needless to say it did not work and at 10:45 I felt the first of 3 hard contractions, up until this point I had never really felt them, at 11:00 I told the nurse I think I need to push, a doctor rushed in to check and I was rushed to the OR where they deliver all twins due to the risk of c-section. I asked for my epidural and they said it was too late, to I pushed the first baby out, I didn't know what the heck I was doing, I didn't even get to finish my child birth classes, but it worked out, next I received a c-section because baby B would not turn, so I was oh so lucky to witness both forms of child birth. The Section hurt much worse than the vag delivery and there you are. In approximately 7 hours I fully dilated, had twins, one vag and the other section. I didn't even get to see them until late that night. I have to prove I could move around and pee after the catheter was taken out. Don't even get me started on that one. So all in all it has been a very busy two weeks, the babies are in NICU and will have to stay at least until they are 35 weeks. They are doing quite well and have been moved to the step down team, where they call them "growers and feeders". It has been very emotionally and physically draining, but we are taking it day by day and go on, but thinking of the day we will get to take them home.

Just look at my little preemie boys now, showing their cousin how to operate the excersaucer. I'm so proud of them. I'm so proud of us, as a family.


Eva said...

You should be proud!