Monday, September 14, 2009

March of Dimes 2009


You may or may not have noticed that up until this point I have not mentioned March of Dimes this year. That's simply because I chose not to participate in the March for Babies this time, I just needed a break. The first half of the year was extremely stressful around here. We had two houses on the market(still), our funds were dwindling, we had a pregnancy, a miscarriage and a huge fire that could have and came very close to burning our house down, and we decided to leave our church because it too was stressing us out.

After all that stress and emotion I chose not to participate in the stress and emotion of fund-raising and remembering just why my children needed the March of Dimes. With all that said I still support them and I still suggest that you drop by their website to see just what it is they do.

The walk I usually participate in is on September 26, the boys actual due date, the date it's been on every year since I started. We won't be there physically this year, but I'll be thinking about it on that day.

I would like to leave you with the a link to the past two years I participated with the March of Dimes. The first year 2007, we were the Ambassador family for our town, and I wrote this speech. The second year 2008, we just fund raised and walked.

Will I do it next year? I don't know we will have to see what next year brings.

0 comments: