Wednesday, October 01, 2008

March of Dimes (Part 5)

The walk was last Saturday, it was a very nice morning for it, not too hot. There was a pretty good turn out. I want to once again thank all those who donated and walked with us. Thanks to my Sister, Brother-in-law, neice, my mom and my nephew for joining us.

I always get a little emotional as the walk kicks off. Of course I don't let anyone know it and I had my sunglasses on so no-one saw my tear, but it hits me at that point just how fortunate we are. 1,000 babies die each year in Oklahoma due to prematurity. I had two at the same time, I'm so thankfull our boys are not amoung the 1,000 lost each year.

Every year they have what they call a "preemie parade" where they give each preemie in attendence a medal. Kolton was so proud of his and wore it around all day. Karter didn't really have an interest in his at all, all he wanted to do was play on the swings.

Preemies are such fighters all of them even those who don't make it home with their families.

Anyway enough of that, even though I said I planned on getting lots of pictures I didn't get that many, and I'm not in any of them because I was behind the camera.

0 comments: