Thursday, November 23, 2006

What I'm Thankful For..


Sounds like the beginning of a high school report doesn't it? I have much to be thankful for this year.

*First off I'm thankful for all the doctors and nurses who not only got me further along in my pregnancy than 26 weeks, but also took such wonderful care of my two little guys who decided it would be just grand to come into the world 10 weeks too early. Without your expertise and intervention they would not be here today.

* Second I would like to thank all my family and friends who were and have been so supportive through this difficult time. Not only did you come see me in the hospital when I was on bedrest, bringing me food, and things to do you took time out of your busy lives and schedules to sit and talk with me. You also did the same thing when the boys where in the NICU, sometimes driving more than an hour just to sit with us in the dark room and watch their every move. I know none of you wanted to see them in that condition and it affected some of you more than others but you came and your support was such a blessing I want you all to know that. Jimmy and I were in a fog sometimes and it helped to have people other than ourselves and the doctors and nurses to talk to. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. Thank you to those of you who I don't know personally but who prayed for us none the less. I truly believe in the power of prayer.

* I also am thankful for my wonderful husband who when I just couldn't do it did all the research and asked all the right questions. He was relentless in his search for answers and educated himself, me and sometimes the doctors and nurses on what was going on with our boys. He truly has been my rock. As I stated before I was in a fog sometimes through this and I could count on him to make sure things got done or questions got asked. Not only did he take care of the house and all the animals and visit me everyday when I was in the hospital, he drove me everyday to the hospital to see the boys and used up most of his leave to come sit with us everyday. He has been a very involved father, changes poopie diapers and gets up in the middle of the night with them.

My kids and myself are blessed to have him in our lives. He's a great husband and dad.

Now that I have made myself and probably some of you cry I'm gonna go eat some pumpkin pie. Hey they rhymed I didn't mean for it to but it did.

I hope you all have many things to be thankful for this thanksgiving!

0 comments: