Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Pre-term labor 1 year ago

Me at 25weeks 2 days, almost one week before pre-term started.

When you have preemies you have all kinds of "anniversaries". On the 23rd it was the one year anniversary of me going into pre-term labor, I was 26 weeks and 3day along. That day was a Friday last year and it was close to quiting time for me at work that day, but I kept having a strange feeling in my stomach, I told one of the nurses. Fortunately I worked in my OB office, she asked me if it was contractions, I said I didn't know, but I had been really tired and I felt the babies balling up a lot, she convinced me to get checked, which I didn't want to do because as you other ladies know, it's no fun and it hurts. Good thing I did because I was dilating. That started it all, one month on mostly hospitalized bed rest. That was no fun and Jimmy and I were so scared. I'm so glad to be on this end of the ordeal and I'm so glad my boys are fine.

Checking out the dogs and the washer and dryer, such busy boys!


Karter eating spaghetti


Kotlon and his spaghetti

5 comments:

Stacie said...

Ummm...happy anniversary seems the wrong comment. The boys look darling - they are so good with those utenils. All my kids want to do with them is throw them on the floor.

Dara Lee said...

I just love happy endings!

Unknown said...

Your boys are adorable! I just ran across your blog looking for other twin moms out there.

catspaw said...

Brandy it doesn't seem like it has been that long ago. I am so thankful that you and the boys have done so well. You are all in my thoughts and prayers everyday.
Love
Boo

Stephanie Dawn said...

I can not believe it has almost been a year. It seems like just yesterday they were wheeling yall in as our new neighbors in team 2. I remember you working on the bibs for the boys and my constant jabbering lol I bet yall thought I was nuts! LOL. I am so happy for your family and how wonderful yall are doing.