Saturday, May 17, 2008

22 Months

Today the boys turn 22 months old. This last month has been yet another month of language explosion. They can pretty much say anything they want or need now, however we still sometimes don't have a clue what they are saying.


Kolton's chin looks so much better, but I'm sorry to say it look s as if it has scarred. I plan to get some of that cream that is supposed to help with scaring and apply it. I hope it helps.
Kolton-Still the lovable bully. Takes things he wants away from both Karter and his cousin Collin. Usually he will bring something in trade and usually that trade does not go off very smoothly. Kolton says lots of things all day long. My favorite to hear him say is Pretzel. It's so cute! There for awhile this month Kolton had an obsession with an old tea maker I had. He wanted to sleep with it and carry it around like a lovey calling it a "tea". It's still hanging around but thankfully he hasn't paid much attention to it in several days. He is eating better now than he was last month, but now he dosen't really want to eat meat or anything with a meaty texture, I think it's all about texture now. With that said though he still does not eat much breakfast. I'm not a big breakfast eater either, as a matter of fact neither boy eats that much breakfast. About a month or so I kinda of got tired of hearing about the "Qune"vacuum all the time so after I was finished with it I told the boys the "Qune" was tired and needed to take a nap. Both immediately said "night,night qune", now whenever they think about it they tell everyone the "Qune" is night night.

Karter-Still obsessed with electronics. The minute Jimmy walks in the door from work Karter immediately starts talking about mowing and playing with the computer. He usually whines through a lot of dinner time wanting to do one or the other. He loves the mower and wants Jimmy to either let him ride on top of it or push it himself(never running, of course). He hears everything. The computer room door squeaks a little and no matter how quiet you try to be he hears it and goes running saying "puter". One of the new things he is saying a lot is "broke" everything that is not working the way he thinks it should be is broke. Karter has started liking milk again and asks for it several times a day. Kolton is not to fond of it, but neither am I.

Both boys have been going into their room to play by themselves or together for minutes at a time. I try to sneak and see what they are doing, but usually they hear me and then come a running. I've cut back on watching my nephew to two to three time a week so that I can do more things with the boys this summer. Speaking of doing more things the next few months are going to be super busy and I hope I can get enough fun time scheduled in there somewhere. We found a house we like and made an offer that was accepted. Our potential closing date it June 18. Our house is still on the market and has not been looked at in a week. This makes me nervous but our Realtor is one of the best in town and assures us that it will sell in 45 to 60 days. She says this is a desirable neighborhood and it's a nice house, so I hope so.

I'm sure there is more to write about, but I'm getting tired and I have a couple of movies I've been wanting to watch.

0 comments: