Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Big Boy Beds

Last night while I was in Kolton's room with the boys playing I asked him if he was ready to sleep in a big boy bed. Usually he says no, but this time he said yes and went to the rail of his crib and said take it off. Karter also said he was ready too and joined his brother in the chant of "take this rail off".

Kolton's bed

So daddy go the tools off and converted the cribs to toddler beds. Karter sleep like he always does and didn't wake or fall out of the bed. Kolton however woke every two hours and called out for me. Neither one of us got much sleep. Karter took his nap today in his bed and did great. They don't realize that they can get out of the bed yet. I hope they continue to think that you can't get out of it because when they do there's going to be trouble for me.

Karter's bed

Hopefully tonight will go better for Kolton. So far so good, he was so tired he fell asleep on me before bedtime and I've yet to hear a peep.

As a weird side note, I let one of the dogs out at 6:30 this morning to go to the bathroom, by that point I had moved to the couch because I was up so much it was disturbing Jimmy. Anyway, I let him out at 6:30 and let him back in 10 mins later. I laid back down on the couch and woke up at 7:15. From the couch I could see a dog sitting on our back porch. I check and all our dogs were in their beds. Some strange dog jumped the fence or something and was huddled on the back porch. It appeared to be someones well cared for pet. Jimmy opened the gate and the dog left, hopefully he/she finds their way home.

0 comments: