Thursday, July 16, 2009

Turning 3

Tomorrow my babies turn 3. How did that happen? I feel both sad and happy about this. I think of that early morning three years ago at 5:00 am when I heard the audible pop of my water breaking. The strange calmness I felt knowing that this was it, this was the day that my 30 weeker babies were going to be born. The unbelievable journey that, that day started.

My babies turn 3 tomorrow. I look at them and no longer see babies but little boys, but they will ALWAYS be MY babies.

Kolton and Karter your daddy and I are so unbelievably proud of you both. You have triumphed many things in your short 3 years. I look forward to all the things to come even it they give me anxiety attacks thinking about letting you continue to gain your independence. I know they say that a mother should make sure she doesn't lose herself too much in her children. To maintain a sense of self, but the truth is I'm lost in you guys and I wouldn't have it any other way.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOLTON and KARTER!!!!

love mommy



One of the only pics of me pregnant and about a week before the boys were born.

Karter July 20th 2006

Kolton July 20, 2006

Karter 1 year old

Kolton 1 year old

Karter 2 years old

Kolton 2 years old.

3 years old.

3 comments:

Soralis said...

Happy Birthday! It goes by so fast!

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Happy Birthday. The time does fly by way to fast. And I agree, my kids will ALWAYS be my babies.

Eva said...

Happy birthday Kolton and Karter. I'm glad the celebration was great.