Thursday, January 18, 2007

6 Months Old



Yesterday they were 6 months old. People keep telling me the times goes by very quickly and before I know it they will be starting school. The past two months they have really grown both physically and developmentally. I'll start with Kolton. Kolton can now roll from his front to his back both left and right. He can hold his head up at a 90 angle when on his belly, although he does not like to be on his belly very long. He is beginning to want to sit up straight when you are holding him. He's been drooling a lot and has two teeth on the bottom trying to poke their way through. They don't seem to bother him to bad. He is eating good and we have restarted solids. I stopped for a week or so because they both just cried through it. He's not to fond of the just plain rice cereal but he does like bananas. And he has even begun to sleep through the night. Usually he goes to bed between 6:00pm and 7:30 and will sleep until 6:00am, sometimes he still wakes up about 2 or 3 for a bottle. They are reaching for things now and putting them in their mouths. I will have to baby proof this place very soon. Over all Kolton is a happy smiley boy, he very rarely cries and will entertain himself for quite awhile before he gets board. He usually goes to bed with no problem and awakes with a smile on his face. He now weights 14lb2oz and is 24 inches and something tall(the nurse told Jimmy and he didn't remember).

Karter can roll from his back to his stomach, I think he might be left handed he seems to use that one more but not sure yet. He can also hold his head up at a 90 degree angle but like Kolton does not like to be on his stomach too long. He wants to sit up so bad and tries to fling himself forward if in a reclining position, he won't lay like this for long before he starts to fuss. He likes to watch TV a lot. He also has two teeth that are trying to come through they are not as far in as Koltons and if I didn't mention it before they are both on the bottom on both boys. Karter eats well but he eats slow it sometimes takes 40 mins for him to eat his bottle. He is also eating solids but began to get fussy today when I tried to give him some. Karter is having some sleep issues that seem to be getting better slowly. He does not usually go to bed as easily as Kolton you have to rock him before bed. He is still waking two times a night, last week it was three, hopefully it will stay at two or less. I had to separate them because he was waking Kolton up all the time. They don't seem to care one bit. Kolton is now in their room and Karter is still in ours I hope to soon move him to his own room as well. Karter sometimes won't nap all day. He will get up at 6:00 or so and only take a small cat nap. This makes for a very exhausting day for him and me. Karter is a very busy boy. He will not entertain himself for very long before he begins to fuss. He seems to get board easily, he is very nosey and wants to know what is going on all the time. I assume this is why he does not nap well. He is also reaching for things and putting them in his mouth. Karter is a flirt and likes to smile a lot as long as he is getting what he wants. He weights 14lbs and is also 24 and something tall. Something exciting but scary is that at his doctor visit on Tuesday the doctor wrote a script to discontinue his apnea monitor. Now this is scary and great at the same time. Great because he is now like a "normal" baby no preemie equipment left over but scary because those two little green flashing lights become your best friend. Want to know if he's breathing, just look for the green lights. This has of course sent us in a quest to find devices on the market that alarm is there is no movement for at least 20 seconds.



Both kids are growing and I look forward to the coming months of sitting and crawling and interacting more with each other.



3 comments:

catspaw said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOYS!!!!

I LOVE SEEING THEIR SMILING FACES EVERYDAY!! THEY ARE SUCH A BLESSING AND SO BEAUTIFUL! NO MATTER HOW BAD MY DAY IS ONE LOOK AT THEM AND I KNOW IT IS ALL OK!!

LOVE AUNT BOO

Keelan said...

They are soo adorable, that picture up top of Kolton, the first one is definetly a Jimmy look, he looks just like Jimmy in that picture. He kinda looks like a man in a babies body, he is soo cute! I have to come by this weekend to get my dress so I can get some quotes on the alterations and NO I'm not sick, however I do have drainage caused from me living in a cold and damp house. I miss you guys. I will call you tonight or tomorrow. Love you guys!
Aunt KIKI

Chris & Liv said...

Cute kids, thanks for letting me know about the change in your blog. I'm finally getting around to updating mine etc. Glad you are all doing well, I'll be back to check things out again!

Olivia