Saturday, May 09, 2009

Where I Live Friday

Kelly at Kelly's Korner is hosting a blog party every Friday. I'm nosy and I love to see in other people's houses so this is right up my alley. I decided to join in. This week it's Living Rooms. Last week it was Kitchen's, but mine is being painted right now, so I will post those when it's done.

Here's my living room. We moved into our house a year ago in June. I've yet to get it like I want it. I'm just now getting to paint stuff. I've yet to decide on a color for the living room. I do have some paint swatches taped to the wall, but I'm not sure or set on those colors. Suggestions and advice is welcome.


This is the living room looking in from the front foyer.


I also am wanting to put some new things on the bookshelves. I just threw most of that stuff up there shortly after we moved in. And I am wanting to possibly put some lighting above the cases.


This is looking in from the kitchen.

Hubby is a tech nerd so of course we have to have the big tv and the surround sound system, thankfully he hide all the tv wires.


Looking in from the back hallway, by the laundry room.

So there's my living room in a nutshell. Any suggestions are welcome.

Next week is children's room/nurseries.

4 comments:

Peterson Party of 5 said...

Very Nice
Happy Mother's Day!
xoxo,
Doreen

Michelle said...

I love your built-Ins...I'm a big fan of them in my house.

Your little boys are adorable and I love the "K" on their names.

Eva said...

Just wanted to say, happy mother's day. I hope it was a good one.

Helen Joy said...

Thanks for sharing your living room! I think a nice fresh hunter's green would look great with the dark wood and the brick.