Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Story with Pictures.

For the past week or so there has been a lot of this going on. Mostly by Karter.





I think it's because of a lack of this, but I'm not possitively sure.




I think Karter's lack of sleep is becasue of my homeboy Kolton, who has not been wanting to nap very long and waking at night, which in turn is waking Karter. Which once again causes this.




So for the first time since they were 6 days old there were seperated last night. We moved Karter to his own room. while this made mama a little teary eyed Karter didn't seem to mind at all. I of course found myself sitting in the hall floor listening at both doors. Karter was silent within 2 mins, while Kolton who sings himself to sleep, broke my heart by humming and saying Karter every few seconds. I sat there for five more mins. and everything become silent. Both slept through the night and we will see how naptime goes as they are sleeping now.




I had always inteneded for each boy to have their own room when they wanted it but I just didn't think it would happen this soon. I think I'm the one that is feeling sad about it as the boys really don't seem to mind that much. So we will be decorating Karters room very soon.




So hopefully we will see more of this by both boy.

1 comments:

Lesley Barr Photography said...

I totally relate to this post. We separated Shenzie and Heaten at 17 months and it broke my heart. I wanted them to share a room and talk into the night (of course, when they are older), wake up together, etc. Didn't happen that way, but they are WAY WAY better sleepers now that they aren't keeping one another awake. This way they can have sleep overs in each others rooms. =)