Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone! I've tried to update several times, but things keep getting in the way.


Days have been busy around here. Kiddos have not been napping and have been waking up several times at night. This has made for a very tired mommy and daddy, which is a big factor in the not updating. We have also been trying to cut back on the paci's as I think they are messing up Karter's teeth and I don't want permanent damage, I feel it's my responsibility as the parent to stop this if I can. It has not been fun for Karter, who really likes his "B". We are just to nap time and bed time only. I'm honestly scared to take the things away as I know what I'm facing. No sleep and a very, very cranky little boy or two for that matter. Alas it must be done.

I also wanted to mention as I failed to do so on the blog that on the 21st of December was our 12th anniversary. My wonderful mother and father-in-law came barring Christmas gifts for the kiddos and watched them while Jimmy and I went to PF Changs. Twelve years when did that happen? I often tell him, had we had children when most people do in their marriage we would have a 9 or 10 year old by now. I can't imagine that. I'm so glad we waited. We traveled, had sports cars, bought pretty much whatever we wanted and just enjoyed our time together as two. Now we don't feel we are missing out on anything and have two wonderful boys. I couldn't imagine it any other way. Jimmy is a wonder husband and a great daddy to Kolton and Karter. I love you metalbox!
Now for pictures.

Kolton informed me yesterday morning that he was a doggie and he was eating dog food. He was really eating dried cereal.

Here Karter is showing me his teeth. You can see how they are beginning to buck out, but he sure is cute either way.
(Ignore the kickplate thing that is missing from the dishwasher, that's a whole story in it's self.)

0 comments: