Thursday, January 08, 2009

I Think I'm Gonna Die! (Potty Training Part 2)

I watched my nephew Collin for a few hours on Saturday.

Not really. Well, maybe. I'm trying to potty training again. I tried it four months or so ago and it went good for a week and then they gave up and so did I. I have to tell you I did not look forward to this, it is going exactly how I expected it would and it's killing me.

Karter and my Ipod. Check out the way he thinks they go on your ears.


Karter and more digital equipment. Our old camera.

This is right up there with when you first come home with twins and you have to figure out how to care for both of them at the same time. You get really frustrated, and overwhelmed, unlike when they are babies and they just cry, which is overwhelming in it's self, now they run around and pee on stuff.

Kolton coloring. He has been doing a lot of this lately.

Kolton and his scratched up face. He did this in his sleep.

It's exhausting trying to keep up with them and to go to the bathroom every 30 mins. and to wait on them to go to make sure the other one is not peeing everywhere. We tried pull ups but they think they are diapers and the minuet you put them on them they poop or pee in them, so we are having to go straight to underwear.

I know it sounds lazy, but seriously changing diapers is so much easier. Easier on my time, my sanity, and my back trying pull their pants up and down. Tomorrow will be day three. I'm not sure how that's going to go because my mom is supposed to come over and we planned on going out and about. I don't want to give up so soon, but holy cow, I don't care what anyone says having twins is so hard sometimes.

2 comments:

Soralis said...

I am trying to potty train my boys too. It's not any fun at all! Good luck!

Kelli said...

oh wow! you are waaaay ahead of me! i am no where near trying to potty train my boys yet.....but I hope to learn lots from your experiences!!!!!

I love your new blog header and layout by the way :o)