Saturday, January 17, 2009

Potty Training (Part 3)

We are still working on it, but Karter is now in the lead. He only occasionally pees his pants, and just today told me when he had to go. Neither one are convinced that you can actually poop in the potty, but both have been told if they poop in the potty they will get to go to the store and pick out a toy.

It's still no fun and takes up A LOT of time. Going to the yucky public bathrooms now takes what seems like 20 mins and trying to convince both boys to not touch all the nasty stuff in there or open and close the door is a challenge. I have several times just wanted to give up and try again later, but I'm still pretty sure they are ready, just stubborn and lazy at times.

We will just keep chugging a long.

Now for a funny story.

So the other day I opened the back door to give the dogs some food and Kolton ran out. It's been really cold here lately and Jimmy usually tells him that it's so cold he will freeze his ding ding off. That's what we call his little boy parts. He had his underwear on but no pants. I told him to get inside that is was so cold he would freeze his ding ding off. He ran back inside and looked concerned. I asked him if his ding ding was still there. He looked down and touched his underwear and said yeah, then he opened his pants looked inside and said "it's still there." Of course I was laughing and he started to laugh too. Silly little boys.

Pictures to come soon. Tonight I'm having trouble getting to them on our server.

4 comments:

Soralis said...

Potty training feels like yet another full time job * 2 ! :) It will be so much better when it is all over with though (at least that is what I am hoping for! )

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

HAHA! That is great! I think that is the funniest thing I have heard in a while! Good luck with the rest of potty training!

Lesley Barr Photography said...

That is too funny!! I am DREADING potty training. UGH!!

Sarah said...

Those boys, I swear, if they don't kill us, we'll die of laughing. What a cute blog you have and cute twin boys...I always wanted to have twins...it sounds so fun...and two for the price of one pregnancy...although I'm sure you would say you pay for it either way!