Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pregnancy Update

So, there have been some issues going on lately. Thursday I had and ultrasound to determine if there was one or two. It was determined that there is just one, but my dates and their dates were different. Two weeks difference and we were unable to hear a heartbeat or see the baby because it was putting me at 5 1/2 weeks. We did see a gestational sac and a yolk sac.

So, that night and the next day I had a little bit of dark bleeding or old blood, however that can happen with the type of ultrasound I had. I wasn't too concerned. The next day I had a little more pinker spotting but it went away. Flash to Monday night I had more spotting that day but nothing bad, that night before I went to bed I had bright red blood. I called the OB floor at the hospital. She said drink lots of water, take it easy, come in if it gets heavy and call my OB the next day.

The spotting with the bright red blood only happened that one time. Anyway today I went in for and HCG blood test and an exam. My cervix is closed so that's good but my HCG count was not as high as the doctor would have liked it to be. The plan is I will go in on Thursday to do another HCG bloodtest to see if my numbers are rising. If they are rising that is good and my OB will set up another ultrasound to hopefully see cardiac activity in the baby. If my levels have gone down than more than likely I am having a miscarriage but I'm sure he will also do an ultrasound to see if there is any changes from my previous ultrasound.

There is still hope. I worked in my OB's office when I got pregnant with the boys. I'm well aware of were this could lead and also aware that it could be nothing, many women bleed in pregnancy and sometimes HCG levels can be lower but the pregnancy be fine.

Right now I'm trying not to worry about it too much. There is not much I can do if I'm going to miscarry. I hope that does not happen but if it does I'll deal with it then. Hopefully everything is fine and this will be the only glitch I have in this pregnancy.

2 comments:

Eva said...

Thank you for the update. I'll be thinking of you and trying to send positive vibes your way.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! I will keep you in my prayers! Hopefully it is just a glitch!