Monday, March 30, 2009

10 weeks

Disclaimer: My husband informs me guys might be grossed out by some of the info here. Sorry, I'm warning you now it might be TMI for some, I'm just keeping it real.

Today I'm supposed to be 10 weeks pregnant, but instead I'm 6 weeks for the 4th week in a row. How is that possible?

I have a love/hate relationship with 10 weeks. At 10 weeks on February 28th 2006 I found out I was having twins. On July 17, 2006 10 weeks early I had the boys.

And now at 10 weeks pregnant I'm only measuring 6 weeks no growth in the baby, but surprisingly there still is a heartbeat, beating faster at 71bpm, but still slower than normal. I have had increased spotting this past week with small clotting. I didn't know what to expect when I walked into the ultrasound room today. With the no growth and heartbeat the tech did see some bleeding around the sac and the sac it's self appeared to be deteriorating some. Of course I will have to wait to here from my doctor today or tomorrow, but I figure the plan is to keep on waiting.

With that said since the scan I have had a lot of bleeding and bigger clotting and cramping so this might be it. I miscarry at 10 weeks.

1 comments:

Erin said...

Hi there. We "met" your family last week at Chick-fil-A. Your boys are beautiful.
I'm so sorry about your baby. Miscarriage is heartbreaking. We are praying for your family, and thankful that all went well with Karter!

Blessings,
Erin