Friday, September 12, 2008

Cooking with Mom

Up until this point I hadn't really let the boys help me in the kitchen. I just didn't want to deal with the huge mess or the fights that I knew would ensue. However, the other day I had an easy boxed banana bread mix and thought it would be the right time to have their help. They enjoyed it so much and it went smoothly until I had to take the mix away to put it in the oven. It was at that point Karter threw a mini fit, thankfully it didn't last long. The bread was yummy too.

2 comments:

Soralis said...

My boys love to bake with me. I give them each a bowl and I let them mix up all the dry ingredients then they pour them into my bowl! They have such a good time!

The first time I baked with them, we made shortbread at Christmas. They were 2 1/2 and my MIL thought I was crazy but we all had fun!

Lesley Barr Photography said...

My babies LOVE LOVE LOVE to "cook" with me. I let them stand on chairs like your boys and give them their own bowls, spoons, and "spices" to cook with. I let them help me crack eggs and stir the batter. It is one of their favorite things...it IS messy, but they have so much fun I can't resist.