Saturday, September 06, 2008

Outside Time

For most of this week it has been super nice outside, the temps have been in the 70's and 80's and we have taken advantage of it.

The boys just love going outside and playing on their swing set and driving their cars. I would love to live somewhere where the weather stays like this all the time. I could live without the cold even though our winters are really not that bad here. Anyway that's beside the point. The point is the boys love to go outside and it keeps them from going stir crazy, which in turn keeps me from going crazy. I have tons of pictures that I have taken of them outside lately, but here are the latest ones.

Jimmy and I are going out tonight. My Mother-in-law has graciously volunteered to come to our house, she lives over an hour away, and watch the boys while Jimmy and I go eat or to the movie, or something. The problem is it has been so long since we have done anything without the kids that we don't know what to do. We won't be gone that long but it is much needed. Can I just say how awesome you are Nana! I have never been one to say I need time away or that I am feeling a little drained I always feel guilty if I voice it. I didn't have to, Nana just knew. Thank you!

3 comments:

Elyse said...

Glad the boys love to play outside and have fun! Hope the date went well and praising Nana for driving an hour out!
~Elyse~

a portland granny said...

What darling little boys! You are one busy Mama! Thanks for stopping by my site today. I'm glad you are starting a cedar chest. Mine has held many treasures over the years and when I gave it away last month to my neice, I was forced to go through everything. It was a fun look back at my memories.

I have kept lots of my children's things also. I have my son's legos, his match box cars, etc. His little boy has played with them and it has just been fun to have that history to share with the grandchildren.

Enjoy your little ones. They don't stay little very long!

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Great photos. I can't wait for it to cool down some here. We are still in the 100's. Blech.

Love the new layout.