Monday, April 06, 2009

The One Where I Brag about My Husband

I don't brag about my husband enough especially here on the ole blog, but it's time to change that.

These past four weeks have been very trying for Jimmy and I as we tried to figure out what was going on with this pregnancy, dealt with Karter's procedure, tried to ready our old house for closing next week, and many other minor things in day to day life.

Several times throughout last week I was unable to do my nightly chores because of cramping and bleeding and Jimmy willingly stepped up to fill in. He's filled in where needing cooking dinner, giving baths to little boys and cleaning up the kitchen and toy littered room.

On top of that He's still been working and also working at our old house, which is were he headed off to now, even though it's late and he's very tired from having to take me to the ER last night because of the miscarriage. More on that in a minute.

I just wanted to publicly announce that I think he's an awesome husband and daddy. The boys adore him and didn't appear to miss me much today while I was at the hospital, due to all the daddy fun they had. While we do have out different opinions about things we are united at parents and that's very important.

My house is in shambles, my body is trying to recover, we've both probably gained some weight from comfort eating, but we are together and in the end that's what matters.

I love and appreciate you Jimmy!

I also want to thank my brother who came to our house in the middle of the night to be with the boys while they slept, even though he had to work early the next day. I love you guys too all three of you and I owe you one.

I will write a further post about this later, but I did miscarry last night. I had to go to the ER because of the bleeding and had to stay overnight. I have a early morning appointment tomorrow with the doctor to make sure it's complete and nothing further is needed. I'm still dealing with it tonight, taking some medication that makes me feel bad, but it's almost over.

4 comments:

Gavin's Mama said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. You will be in my prayers as you deal with this. I too miscarried before I got pregnant with Gavin. It was one of the hardest things I had to ever deal with. I know all the emotions, pain you are experiencing right now and I pray that you will soon have peace! HUGS!

LaDonna said...

So sorry for you! I am keeping you and your family in my prayers!

Also, I agree Jimmy is an awesome guy!

Take care and I love and miss ya!

Eva said...

So sorry you've had to go through so much, but so glad that you have such a supportive husband to help you through it.

Lesley Barr Photography said...

I am so, so sorry for your loss.