Wednesday, October 08, 2008

My other new routine

Ok, so yesterday I wrote about our new nap time routine. Today I am writing about my new shower routine. After the boys came home, I would shower when they went down for their morning nap, which was about 9:00 or 9:30, if they didn't sleep they would lay in their crib or swing in their swings. As time moved on and they grew out of their morning naps I still took my shower at the same time but I would just put the boys in their beds and they would play. This worked very well, I got my shower and they got some quiet time. When we separated the boys to their own rooms in July, I would just put both boys in the same crib and they would play. About a month ago(everything started a month ago) Kolton would no longer sit quietly and play in the crib. I would rush, rush trying to take my shower and every single time I would turn off the water I would hear Kolton screaming and sometimes he and Karter would be fighting. Once again this routine was no longer working for us. So I did the only thing I could think of to do. I brought them into the bathroom with me and put them in our huge bathtub(without water of course) to contain them while I took a shower at the speed of light. At this point they are unable to climb out of it on their own.


Now some of you might say, well just get up earlier and take your shower before the boys get up. That sounds great but that would make me have to get up at 6:30 or so because I never know when the boys might get up. They wake anywhere from 7:00 to 8:00. I don't know about the rest of you but after chasing two boys around all day, preparing all meals and trying to do some form of cleaning I don't really want to get up at 6:30am. I also don't want to let the boys run around the house while I'm showering. I don't feel that would be safe. So here's my question. When do you other mommies shower and what do you do with your kiddos when you are showering? And what am I going to do when they are big enough to climb out of the bathtub?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad to say I'm up at 6:15 5 days a week to take my shower. Occasionally on Satudays I'm home alone with the boys; I usually try to shower while Micah is taking his nap. I have once let him stay in the living room with his big brother who does wonderfully by himself. I wasn't in there long but it doesn't take long for distaster. Josiah got his little brother some chips to snak on; Micah, the little mess maker he is, thought it would be fun to cover the living room floor in cheese puffs. Putting them in the bath tub seems like a pretty good idea to me.

Katrina